Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Year Later After Completing Book I of S.O.L.A.D.™

Wow!

I was sitting down writing a chapter of S.O.L.A.D 2 (which is going to be even better that Book 1) and I looked over at my wife (who was busy working herself) and I said: "It's been a year since I finished my first book!"

I can't be believe I let June 24 pass by without taking a moment to reflect and thank God on how He has blessed me and keep me on the right track to introduce the world to the great stories, characters and lessons found in S.O.L.A.D.™: Soldiers of Light Against Darkness™.

My novel has been available for nearly three weeks now as an eBook 
 (available here). The hardcover edition will be released later this year.

I've sent out over 50 book review requests and over 30 press releases to newspapers, television stations (with an interview coming up next month) and radio stations. I have so many more to send out (which is very time consuming).

I don't know how well my novel is doing at the moment on Amazon, but I believe it's going to be a bestseller, as a novel and as a series ( as the sequels come out).

It's been quite a journey being a self-published author. I've come a long way and have a long way to go, but I'm thanking God every step of the way.

It took 11 years to finish the first novel as I plotted out the timeline, stories and characters of the entire series.

During that time, I graduated from high school and college, was hired and years later let go from my first paying journalism job, had to leave my apartment and turn in my car and fight for my unemployment. Sickness and deaths among family and friends occurred and so much more.

But, great things also occurred and are still occurring. I got married, launched three projects to publish S.O.L.A.D.™ (which were unsuccessful but spread the word about the book) and published it as an eBook this month.

I'm happy and glad I'm operating in my God-given dream. It's been a hard journey and I still have more to do.

But, I'm happy! Very happy!
-Tyrone Tony Reed Jr.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to StumbleUpon

Tweet This